The Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra (ASYO), founded in 1974, is a dynamic ensemble for advanced young musicians that have the opportunity to study alongside their talented peers and tackle a challenging season of standard orchestral repertoire and contemporary works. Many graduates from ASYO go on to study music at top conservatories and music schools (The Juilliard School, New England Conservatory, Brown University, etc.) and pursue careers in music performance, education, and beyond!
Do you want to learn from Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Musicians and Guest Artists? The Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra provides all these opportunities and more!
- Coachings and Sectionals with Atlanta Symphony Orchestra (ASO) Musicians
- Masterclasses and workshops with ASO Guest Artists and Musicians
- Concerto Competitions for featured performances with the ASO and ASYO
- ASYO Chamber Players program, where select members rehearse and perform in chamber groups coached by ASO Coaches
- Free tickets to select ASO Performances
About Our Season
The typical Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra season runs August - May. Rehearsals occur once a week, typically on Saturday mornings, with some exceptions. The Youth Orchestra performs three classical concerts each season. All rehearsals and performances are in Symphony Hall at the Woodruff Arts Center unless otherwise noted.