Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas In Concert
with the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra
Friday at 7:30PM
Saturday at 7:30PM
The Atlanta Symphony Orchestra will present Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” featuring a screening of Disney’s timeless holiday classic with Grammy®-winning composer Danny Elfman’s musical score performed live to the film. The concert will be led by conductor Lawrence Loh.
First released in 1993, Tim Burton's “The Nightmare Before Christmas” was directed by Henry Selick (“James and the Giant Peach”) and based on a story and characters by Tim Burton. The film follows the earnest-but-misguided adventures of Jack Skellington, Halloween Town's beloved Pumpkin King, as he attempts to take over the Christmas holiday. Against the advice of Sally, a lonely rag doll who has feelings for him, Jack enlists three mischievous trick-or-treaters – Lock, Shock, and Barrel – to help him kidnap Santa Claus. The film is rated “PG.”
Tim Burton’s “The Nightmare Before Christmas” Live in Concert is presented by the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, conducted by Lawrence Loh and will be performed at Atlanta Symphony Hall on October 29 & 30, 2021.
*Costumes are welcomed and encouraged
Atlanta Symphony Hall has made several changes to make sure your concert experience is as safe as possible. The following are additional steps that have been implemented:
- Security - Patrons will be subject to electric wanding and bag-checking at the North and South entrances of the Memorial Arts Building. The Peachtree Street entrance will be closed on the night of the show.
- Masks - Based on the City of Atlanta and CDC requirements, all patrons and staff will be required to wear masks, unless eating or drinking in designated locations. Masks must cover the nose and mouth and must be worn during the duration of the performance.
- Reduced Contact - Ticket scanning will be contactless, and staff will be equipped with masks.
- Air Circulation - HVAC ionization systems, which provide a 99.4% reduction of COVID-19 within 30 minutes, have been installed across the campus. HVAC ionization is more effective than other air-cleaning methods, and greatly reduce dust, mold, allergens and viruses.
- Sanitizing - Enhanced and frequent cleaning of high-traffic surfaces, as well as more hand sanitizing stations across the campus.
Posted Sep 28, 2023
Indian Classicial Music Paired With Prokofiev's Romeo And Juliet
Posted Sep 27, 2023
ASO Announces The Return Of Andrea Bocelli In February 2024 At Gas South Arena
Posted Sep 26, 2023
Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox Returns To Atlanta In 2024 To Celebrate A New Decade Of Music