Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Talent Development Program
A Program of Excellence
As one of the longest-running, year-round musical education diversity programs, the Talent Development Program (TDP) provides 25 young Black and Latinx musicians with the highest level of musical training each school year. More than 100 TDP Fellows have gone on to attend top music schools and conservatories across the country. This strong education foundation has led to careers in orchestra, teaching and performance.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
What does the TDP provide?
- Weekly private lessons with an ASO musician
- Summer program financial assistance
- Solo recital and chamber music performance opportunities
- Technical and performance juries
- Assistance with preparation for auditions
- Mentoring and one-on-one coaching
- Complimentary tickets to ASO classical concerts for Fellows and their families
Who is Eligible?
- Students in rising fifth grade to rising tenth grade who have at least one parent who is either Black or Latinx
- Serious music students who have already reached a high level of proficiency on a standard orchestral instrument
Preparing gifted Black and Latinx musicians for careers in classical music.
Support Provided By